Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Just for Thrills

Nothing like having a black mind.
Coldness and darkness are intertwined
and the absence stimulates the active soul.
All aspects that appear to bind you
end up being the source of your weakness.
Free from arrogant laws and hypocrisy
is where I find my immense strength.
I would gladly kill for just the thrill
of hearing your scream.
In my hostile bed I lay and dream
of moments that reflect mortal beings.
My massacre garments lay for me waiting
to dress myself and act as I have been stating.
You think you are safe behind this worlds doors, but
through the crack comes the real horrors.
I will reach your soul as it had never been,
with cold steel to your red heart is how I will win.

2 comments:

drew said...

Ian,

I liked your rhyming in this poem, especially the one line with two rhymes in it. "I would gladly kill for just the thrill..." I also liked how the punctuation in the poem gave the perception of premeditation and not just emotional outrage. Very dark... it's nice to be able to step in someone else's mind and write from another point of view. I had a lot of fun with it on the second blog poem. Or maybe we're both just sick and twisted... who knows? Either way great job on the poem!

SOLUTIONS BY A PAIR OF DOCS said...

The most effective way to destroy your enemy is to forgive him, Ian. In this case, it is time for you to forgive yourself and restore your love for friends and family. You are loved; maybe misunderstood at times, but very much loved. Now get over your angst, and get on with your life!