Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Will of No More

Pulling me under, all hope lost, yet life blooms through me,
no thoughts exist in my mind, but to plunder to where the earth worms play,
pain ceased, joy long gone,empty,hollow,
leave me be.

Burnt to the deepest black, is the place were longing and loving once found it's home,spearing through, life struggles, like spring blossoms fighting a wicked battle through a thick blanket of white.They may survive, but count me out, tis' not a ritual I seek,pulling me under, all hope lost, yet life blooms through me.

Pulling me under, all hope lost, yet life blooms through me,
no choice of mine, dark I plead to envelop me, like a beached shell engulfed into a murderous rip tide, take my carcass, I've already given it over,without a moments thought, an empty case I am, stop this will, tis' not my own.

The lights will go out, even if you beg to differ, no life lives here,
yank out by the roots is what I will do as simply as a weed sprung up were not invited among a fragrant sea of blooms, I am not your sea, you are but a weed, now gone. At last,pulling me under, all hope lost, yet life blooms through me no more as I watch the iridescent black vultures circle and feel my shell sink into my want.

1 comment:

Caitlyn said...

Kara I really like your word choice. You choose words that really give the poem personality and use phrases and lines that make an otherwise normal phrase alive and interesting.

Your imagery is good too. I specifically liked the one about "the beached shell engulfed into a murderous riptide". I thought it was an image that a lot of people could relate to but was still unique in the way you phrased it.
Well done!